Elementary School Virtual Backpack
Items in the Virtual Backpack come from the District and community organizations every Friday. Any links directed to websites outside of School District 38 are not sponsored or maintained by Big Hollow School District 38. District 38 is going green by not sending home as many paper flyers. Rather than sending home flyers, they will be posted here. Please check this site on a weekly basis for updated information. This page will be updated every Friday.
If you wish to submit a flyer for our Virtual Backpack, please review our Criteria for Flyer Approval and Posting and then click the Submit Flyer button at the right and complete our online form.
Criteria for Virtual Backpack (VB) Submissions:
- The organization requesting a posting must be a non-profit group (501c3) or have an intergovernmental agreement with the District and be based in the Big Hollow SD38 community or its contiguous communities.
- The request must be made at least 5 business days prior to posting.
- The District retains the right to determine the date material is posted and removed. Material will not be posted during Winter, Spring, or Summer Breaks.
- The material may not contain any of the following:
- Any direct solicitation of money or other items of value except for dues for membership or fees for an activity announced in the materials;
- Anything that would cause substantial disruption of the orderly operation of the school or its activities;
- Personal information about persons other than those seeking distribution;
- Material which is defamatory or insulting to any group or individual;
- Material which is vulgar or otherwise socially inappropriate;
- Material dealing with issues of human sexuality;
- Material which is commercial in nature, except as related to approved school fundraising activities or services supportive of school-sponsored activities;
- Material that would violate any law or Board policy;
- Material which is political in nature or in conflict with tax-supported efforts in effect.
- Material is limited to three 8.5" x 11" pages.
- Material must contain the following statement in at least 10 point type: This activity is not sponsored by Big Hollow SD38 or any of the schools or groups officially associated with the District.
- The District reserves the right to further limit the number of requests for posting, permit exceptions to the criteria noted above, deny posting rights to individuals or organizations which have demonstrated irresponsibility, and permit limited paper copy distribution to students.
- Materials are posted for informational purposes only. This does not imply Big Hollow SD38’s endorsement of them.
To Submit a Flyer for Posting:
- Ensure that both the flyer and organization are in compliance with all criteria as noted above. (Material must contain the following statement in at least 10 point type: This activity is not sponsored by Big Hollow SD38 or any of the schools or groups officially associated with the District.)
- Click the “Submit Flyer” button in the Virtual Backpack section of our website and complete our online form or email a .pdf of your flyer to XXXXX.bhsd38.org. Be sure to include the following contact information: your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Once your material is approved for posting, you will be contacted via email.